The Castelli Endurance 2 Bibshort is a great piece of gear if you’re looking to get into more serious biking equipment, but don’t want to break your bank in the process.
Bibshorts are a great addition to your biking equipment if you are looking to step up your riding into something more intense or you’re interested in improving your overall comfort. It can be a little intimidating buying your first bibshorts. As far as biking gear goes, these are definitely a statement.
The Castelli Endurance 2 Bibshort combine the best of Form and Function and make a great bibshort for people looking for a budget conscious choice.
Let’s take a closer look at these bibshorts so you can decide if they are the right choice for you.
The overall style of the Castelli Endurance 2 Bibshort isn’t the most exciting thing you’ll find on today’s market. There are definitely more striking bibshorts that you can possibly buy. However, this might not be the worst thing depending on what you are looking for.
If you’re into a more minimalist style and you don’t want to look like a NASCAR driver while you are trying to get top biking performance, then these bibshorts might be the right choice for you. Their streamlined and basic design make them a great choice if you don’t want to stand out, but still want to have some of the best functionality in the price range.
The Castelli Endurance 2 Bibshort has been designed for functionality first. At the core of this design is the Progetto X2 Air Seamless chamois. This chamois is outstanding for its price range. It provides the added comfort you need to handle those intense days biking and especially extended rides. Bibshorts are all about making sure your ride is comfortable and as far as that goes, this model is no slouch.
Nothing ruins a otherwise great bibshort like the fabric sliding around while you are trying to focus on your ride. You’re not going to have that problem with the Castelli Endurance 2 Bibshort. The luxuriously Giro3 lie flat leg gripper makes sure that your hems are going to be locked in place for the duration of your ride.
This bibshort is made from the Endurance Evolution fabric. This fabric claims to be more durable and also allows air to pass through for extra dryness. It is also antibacterial and alleges to offer some muscle support.
As far as durability and airflow go, the Endurance Evolution fabric was a success. This bibshort is definitely durable and will last through some serious use. Things get a little questionable when it comes to the added muscle support. While testing out this bibshort, we didn’t really notice much difference when it comes to muscle support. Maybe it was just us, but it seems like that might be more marketing hype than actual functionality. The antimicrobial properties of this bibshort are an added plus. It’s always good to know that your bibshorts are breathable and provide a first line of defense against any microbes and the embarrassing effects they cause.
Now that we’ve taken a close look at the form and function of this bibshort, let’s run through the pros and cons.
Pros and Cons
It’s time to rank the pros and cons of the Castelli Endurance 2 Bibshort. Overall, the pros outweigh the cons. However, at the end of the day it all comes down to what you find more important.
- Cost – If you’re looking to get into the world of bibshorts, It’s hard to not recommend this particular one. For the price you get an excellent buy in terms of features and comfort. However, spending just a little bit more money would take you up into a higher quality range of bibshorts.
- Design – The neutral design of these bibshorts is fantastic. They are stylish and work well for both seasoned bikers and people just getting started with more intense rides.
- Construction – Castelli doesn’t cut corners when it comes to materials and design. These bibshorts are built well and will make a solid investment.
- Comfort – One of the downsides of choosing bibshorts in this price range is that you will be sacrificing comfort for value. While these certainly aren’t the worst, you could move up a price tier and have unbeatable comfort.
- Muscle Support – The mysterious muscle support feature is a bit of a downer. In our testing we didn’t really feel any particular muscle support coming from this bibshort.
So, should you buy the Castelli Endurance 2 Bibshort?
We are going to have to say yes. If you’re looking for bibshorts in this price range, it’s hard to go wrong with these. With that said, moving up just slightly in the price range for bibshorts would net you all of this functionality and improved comfort.